I love my husband. LOVE him. Like infinity squared, to the moon and back, best friends forever, SUPER love him. He is the guy I am so lucky to fall asleep with and wake up to every day.
I made an uber-discovery this past weekend, one that explains EVERYTHING. That’s right, dear... I KNOW.
The husband code: If you don’t want to do something… then just do it wrong. Then she’ll just do it herself!
Here’s a list of things that my friends and I have run into with our husbands:
- cleaning up the kid after dinner with a CLOROX wipe (this one was featured on my facebook and twitter last weekend.)
- saying you can’t find something, only to have wife follow behind you and see it sitting right. up. front.
- washing the clothes in the wrong temperature water, mixing colors, drying the hang-only clothes.
- putting dishes away really means setting everything on the counter. “I didn’t know where the stuff goes; it’s your kitchen.” Wrong answer.
- loading all the dishes, but leaves the big, awkward pans in the sink. “I don’t know how to wash them.” REALLY wrong answer.
- “honey, I cleaned the kitchen without you asking me to.” …the counters are part of the kitchen, right? Why not give those a good wipe-down too?
- putting baby hair bows on her little ears instead of her head.
- “cooking dinner” consists of nuking last night’s macaroni and cheese dinner… with tin foil wrapped on top. (FIRE, FIRE!)
- changing the baby’s diaper—and cleaning her with the faucet instead of baby wipes. (oy. really?)
As you can see, dads, we’ve figured you out. No worries, though... we love you anyway.
WHAT WOULD YOU ADD? Send it my way, and it could make the list!
(did you enjoy reading this? share it with your friends!)